No. of servings per recipe: 5
2 tbsp butter
1/2 lb portobello mushrooms
1/4 lb shiitake mushrooms
1/4 lb oyster mushrooms
1 medium Vidalia onion
5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
1.5 tbsp minced fresh sage
1 bay leaf
4-5 scoops Protelicious® True Original Whey
Fresh cracked black pepper
1. Preheat a soup pot over medium heat
2. Slice onion and mushrooms
3. Melt butter in the pot and add onions. Cook onions until transparent
4. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes
5. Pour in stock while stirring and bring the mixture to a boil.
Once the soup starts to boil, turn it down to medium-low
6. Add bay leaf and sage. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cook
uncovered for about an hour. Stir the mixture occasionally.
7. Take out the bay leaf
8. Let soup cool
9. Add cooled soup to blender (can be done in batches depending on
size of blender)
10. Add 1 scoop of Protelicious whey per cup of soup
11. Serve with drizzle of extra virgin olive oil or truffle oil and side of
warm crusty bread.
Optional toppings: fresh shaved parmesan, fresh parsley, dollop of
sour cream, etc.